Is it worth it to have 2x DVD Rewriters?

belcanto 14:55 21 Nov 07

Hi there everyone, can anyone tell me if it is worth it to have two DVD writers on ones system? Also can somemone tell me if it is possible to burn two disks at the same time albeit using different software; ie nero and roxio.

Tia

Belcanto

Stuartli 16:03 21 Nov 07

I suspect that the answer to your second question is no; in fact it's not wise to have two different burning programs on a system.

I've always preferred one rewriter and one ROM drive (currently have a DVD-ROM and a DVD rewriter.

The rewriter is used purely for burning purposes and the DVD-ROM for viewing DVDs, listening to CDs and for installing software or programs and utilities from backup disks.

The reason is that rewriters, longevity and reliability wise, are inferior to ROM drives, mainly because of the demands of their prime role (studying manufacturers' MTU figures will reveal the contrast).

steviegee 16:08 21 Nov 07

It is possible to burn 2 different discs using the one burning software as I have done it myself. Although as the both are running it slows each others burn down by about half unless you have a really powerful PC. So for speed purposes it doesn't really have any advantage.

interzone55 17:17 21 Nov 07

Nero will allow you to burn to multiple drives at once, although if they're both on the same IDE channel it will be slow and prone to making the odd coaster.

Totally-braindead 17:26 21 Nov 07

The short answer is no, theres no advantage and using 2 different burning programs at the same time is inadvisable(even if it would work and I'm not sure it would).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…