Is it a Virus?

dfritter 10:01 05 May 04

Every time i shut down my computer it shows that RNA ADMIN is not shutting down do i want to end program. I also seem to be using 97% of the CPU when running only one programme and word seems to be very slow. My virus checker reports no problems is it a virus?

boot-it-out 10:16 05 May 04

Assuming your Virus databse is current then hopefully not !

Try searching your PC using the "Find Files" or "Search" feature from your Windows start menu and enter RNA ADMIN to see where this file is located.
This may provide a clue e.g. if it appears in a Program folder you don't recognise then it could be some sort of Spyware or similar and you can then deal with it / uninstall it...

You can also try the good old CTRL-ALT-DEL to see exactly what programs are running on your PC and hogging the CPU usage.

Good luck !

Alan M

Gongoozler 10:19 05 May 04

rna is associated with dial-up networking, but I can't help much more than that. What version of Windows are you using?

Fritters 18:29 06 May 04

Windows XP Home with ZOnelabs firewall and Panda anti virus.

Gaz 25 18:48 06 May 04

I dont think this is a virus, since RNA is dial up networking subsystem, and you are running a good up-to-date antivirus.

I wouldnt know really why it is doing that, though one suggestion could be to ensure you disconnect using the right click > disconnect on any open internet connections before shutting down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…