Is it true about Blueyonder?

Grandad99 17:27 04 Jan 15

I've been told that Virgin are gradually closing down Blueyonder as it uses very old technology and that users are being disconnected without notice.

Is this true?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:48 04 Jan 15

Yes virgin are updating the technology used by Blue yonder and No they are not disconnecting anyone without notice.

Grandad99 18:37 04 Jan 15

Told by my daughter. She and husband have Blueyonder accounts, husband's disappeared without any warning. She phoned Virgin who said they were closing Blueyonder and that all his e-mails could not be recovered.

Neither are very technically minded so I wondered if she had the full story.

Being equally non technical myself and having no other e-mail account how do I open a new one in readiness for this and can I copy into it any old messages that I need to keep?

I use Windows Live Mail but don't use the folders. If I copy e-mails to WLM folders will this save them permanently?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:20 04 Jan 15
  spuds 19:23 04 Jan 15

If you want to collect any emails, then it might be possible to use the details from a previous email account (blueyonder?). When opening and using the link, choose Secure login. Here's the Mail2Web link click here

aquatarkus 21:16 04 Jan 15

Hi there I've not heard anything about having to change emails ending in @blueyonder.co.uk. There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the virgin mediad site or their forums. my email is still working, would be a real pain if had to change email address.

Regards

Keith W

Grandad99 16:08 06 Jan 15

Found an item in September on Virgin forum saying they will suspend any of their accounts that have not been accessed for 90 days. Pretty sure that's the reason for daughter's husband so panic over.

Thanks for all the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…