Is it too late to install SP1 CD-ROM

Spindrift 18:56 09 May 03

Hi,

I have been running XP Home for quite some time and have downloaded all the critical updates etc but having dialup have not attempted SP1. On a test Express download it said I needed nearly 42,000kb. I now have the 'free' SP1 CD but I have customised my system and have some SP2 downloads too. My system is running fine. Would I do any damage if I installed the cd now. I do have seperate backups. Or should I do a clean install and add SP1 then my personal data and apps. Or don't fix it if it ain't broke. TIA

Rayuk 19:54 09 May 03

If it aint broke.
You can always load it up when if ever you reload WinXP

sp1 includes some very important security fixes, ive never understood why people are so afraid of it

misery 20:49 09 May 03

with Rayuk. if you have all the critical updates the remainder are only minor enhancements.

Chris the Ancient 21:27 09 May 03

click here will give you a list of all the fixes/updates in SP1.

Then you can see if you want to do it!

Spindrift 06:28 10 May 03

Many thanks for the link. I will take that option spread over a few days. Thankyou to all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…