Is it time for sp2!!

kimosabi 15:05 25 Feb 05

Hi Guys
I have just had this computer back from the repairers I have been using xphome sp1 question is it time now for me to update to sp2? your advice or comments are useful.

ventanas 15:11 25 Feb 05

It was time 6 months ago.

Magik ®© 15:18 25 Feb 05

in my case it never ran as well once sp2 was in, so i took it all out.........

dontnoafing 15:21 25 Feb 05

sp2 can cause problems but follow the advice to defrag&virus scan.

kimosabi 15:29 25 Feb 05

Thanks Guys
But with all the problems people seem to be having I wondered if it is safer to stay with sp1

chris05 15:31 25 Feb 05

As you can see there is a big diffrence of opinion on this one, I have had systems with problems and systems without but I would advice to install xp sp2 after a clean reinstall of xp and I do not meen format now just the next time you do Format or reinstall windows before putting other software on put Sp2 on first. Sp2 seems to have its fair share of problems so I personaly am waiting a little longer untill all problems are ironed out. Still not a good answer for you I dont think but somthing to think about.

It's Me 15:35 25 Feb 05

Clear out 'Restore'. Then instal it fro a CD. If it is OK, fine, if not, use system restore to get rid of it, or if that fails, use uninstal in Control Panel.

Jackcoms 15:35 25 Feb 05
  kimosabi 15:36 25 Feb 05

thanks chris05
yes that seems to be the answer I am a bit concerned at the moment but I will hang on for more responses befor I decide

iscanut2 15:38 25 Feb 05

I have not installed SP2. Just have SP1. I always have an up to date Firewall & AV running, always update whatever comes up on Microsoft site and run Spybot as well. Have never had any problems so far and to avoid any possible hassle, I have left SP2 alone. If and when I change the PC, then the time will come to have SP2 installed.

Jackcoms 15:40 25 Feb 05

"If and when I change the PC, then the time will come to have SP2 installed".

If and when you change the PC and if XP is still the dominant OS, it will ship with SP2 already installed. All new (legal) versions of XP now have SP2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…