Is it still possible to get free AGV?

kjrider 17:41 PM 05 Jul 13

I have been on the website, but just seem to get sent to where I need to pay for it. Any have a link to get the free version - if it is still free!

onthelimit1 17:46 PM 05 Jul 13
  Ian in Northampton 17:58 PM 05 Jul 13

Yes - but, as you've noticed, they're both making it harder to find - and easier to 'accidentally' sign up for the paid-for version. That was one of the reasons I migrated to Avast, with which I've been very happy.

spuds 19:03 PM 05 Jul 13

If its not important that you use AVG, then why not try Avast. Used that programme for ages on a number of computers with 100% results.

You can get it from click here or direct from click here

kjrider 22:08 PM 05 Jul 13

Thanks onthelimit1 but that just sends me to a page to download a 'free' scan , etc, which I tried to get through before.

rdave13 22:53 PM 05 Jul 13

Try here then. I used it a few months ago but can't remember where I downloaded it. It could have been from the C|Net site but not sure.

rdave13 22:59 PM 05 Jul 13

Could have been here. Just be wary of the installation process to untick any other 'programs' offered. If you get the choice during install select 'custom' every time. It's then you can untick the bumff that can come along for the ride.

1]: [click here

spuds 01:00 AM 06 Jul 13

If you use the MajorGeek link I gave at 7.03PM, you can obtain the latest free version of AVG Free Edition 2013 build 13.0 (released 10/06/2013). Its a 138MB download.

onthelimit1 07:38 AM 06 Jul 13

I just tried downloading it from the link I gave you, and as long as you're careful which button you press, no problem.

Forum Editor 09:33 AM 06 Jul 13

Getting the free version of AVG is easy enough, you just need to look for it.

There's a download available if you click here

Sea Urchin 23:06 PM 08 Jul 13

onthelimit1's link works fine - press the orange download link at the bottom of the column which leads to a download from CNET

Download AVG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…