Is it secure?

Carnage 19:36 20 Oct 05

I am currently connected to the internet at my halls of residence via a wired internet connection (using an ethernet cable). I have a firewall and antivirus software installed and i was just wondering if it would be secure to do online banking on this connection?

i.tech 19:40 20 Oct 05

Online banking usually has it's own security measures in place so this should be fine - additionally most banks insure against defrauding via internet banking. Just report anything you feel is suspect. There is a type of malicious cookie which can read any passwords that are saved to your computer (via the remember password tool) so for additional security you could avoid saving your username and password on the site (just click no when it asks if you would like your username and password remembered).

hzhzhz 19:51 20 Oct 05

Go for it. I find online banking so convinient.Ive been banking online for over 2 years without a single problem. With LloydsTsb passwords cant be stored it seems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…