is it safe putting trojans into quarantine?

elbecko 11:50 06 Jul 10

i just finished an AVG scan which found two trojan horses. they were automatically put into quarantine, and thats where my question comes from.

i don't understand quarantine. these trojans are still in the computer, aren't they? so can they still do damage because of that?

if they had of been 'removed', does that actually mean that? are they wiped from the computer?
isn't it better to 'remove' everything that a scan picks up?

i am now very worried that i haven't seen the last of these two trojan horses.

could someone please explain, thanks.

Sea Urchin 11:59 06 Jul 10

They are quite "safe" in the virus vault - but of course there is nothing to stop you deleting them from there - go to History tab - Virus Vault, and either Empty the vault or highlight and Delete.

birdface 12:59 06 Jul 10

AVG has the odd False positive so I would maybe leave them in Quarantine for a week or so and if you do not have any more problems with your computer maybe think of removing them then.

northumbria61 13:38 06 Jul 10

Perfectly safe - been using AVG for past 10yrs without any problems - it automatically puts them into quarantine to save you the trouble of having to decide. I don't normally look in my virus vault but having just done so I have 2 trojans dating back to Nov 2009 and Jan 2010.

Pine Man 13:51 06 Jul 10

Good to hear that AVG does find some trojan horses. I have just upgraded my laptop from AVG to McAfee and the first scan found - two trojan horses!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…