Is it safe to get new updates when 8 months AV has

Sabi 18:24 22 Nov 06

Hello;

I have got problems with the speed in my computer. I have done everything suggested on this site for others regarding the matter but still the speed hasn’t been recovered!
My last option is to uninstall and re-install my AV (ZAISS) However as I purchased Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite in March 06,I am worried when I re-install it back the computer won’t be safe while I am getting the latest update online.

Your suggestion or comments will be most appreciated.

Sabi

postie24 18:39 22 Nov 06

Hi there you will be fine.Are you sure its your av causing your pc to run slow?I know nortons is quite resource hungry.If it is your av causing it to run slow,dont think re-installing will help.When its time to renew zone alarm,why not go for one of the many free av,s,firewall,s and spyware available.

birdface 18:53 22 Nov 06

If you have just downloaded IE7 Lately, It would probably be a good idea To delete Z.A and then download again,If you are going to do that , Once you have deleted Z.A Run C Cleaner, Then reinstall Z.A See if that helps.

woodchip 19:06 22 Nov 06

Instead of Install, Have you tried Repair?

Sabi 21:26 22 Nov 06

Thank you for all your replies :-)

Postie,
I am not sure if the slowness is from my AV. I had some advice that if I uninstall the AV, I might recover some speed!! As for other Free AV/Firewalls on line, I have tried 99% of all of them with no result!

Buteman;
I have not downloaded IE7. My ZA has been installed with the disc. The expiry date is March 07.
The baffling thing is that for some unknown reason my e-mail to ZA Tech support is not replied to!!! In the past every time I sent an e-mail, I had a confirmation e-mail straight away followed by reply in less than 24 hours. This time although I have allowed the cookies for ZA, my 10 previous e-mail’s had not been confirmed or replied to!

Woodchip;
How do you mean by repair instead of install?? How do I repair AV???

Many thanks

Sabi

Ashrich 22:05 22 Nov 06

How about some specifications of your computer ...operating system , processor , memory , hard disk etc.

Ashley

Sabi 22:12 22 Nov 06

Thanks for your reply Ashley;

I use Windows XP (home edition), AOL 9, ZAISS for AV/AS plus Ad-Aware SE

Sabi

Sabi 22:17 22 Nov 06

Oh, and pentium4 Cpu 1.70GHz , 512 MB of Ram
The memory is 40 GB and the free space 13.7 GB

woodchip 22:27 22 Nov 06

Not Repair AV, Repair XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac