is it safe to delete this

struggle8 15:27 08 Jun 04

on pc Start>my computer>c:/>my documents>owner>local settings>TEMP. there is alot of gumph in here apart from other sub folders things like old pics and alot of files i.e pf1828273736.tmp and .bmp as being a serspicious person when it comes to my pc are these safe to delete.

vinnyT 15:48 08 Jun 04

Check the date, if it is older than todays, then it is generally thought to be safe to delete. However, I would suggest that you just delete the files (as opposed to holding down the shift button when deleting, as this bypasses the recycle bin), this way if anything is missing you can restore from the recycle bin, after, say a week, with no error boxes telling you that xx.xxx is missing, just empty the recycle bin. Hope this helps.

rawprawn 15:49 08 Jun 04

If it's a Temp file it's safe to delete

struggle8 15:53 08 Jun 04

I did pic up a program before from the forum that does deletes all temp files safely before could do with finding it again chears chappis

Diodorus Siculus 15:59 08 Jun 04

CrapCleaner is good (despite the nomenclature! - I think that crap is a noun rather than adjective :-} ). click here

Empty temp folders is another good one. click here

struggle8 16:47 08 Jun 04

thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…