Is it safe?

L plate marky 14:33 03 Jul 04

Is it safe to run checks on the likes of Ad aware and Spybot at the same time or will it cause them to corrupt their results?

scooby43 14:37 03 Jul 04

I don't know as I only use adware

Daz35 14:48 03 Jul 04

I use both without a problem, as well as spywareblaster.

Sometimes one will pick up something the other one didn't, so it's fairly useful to have both.

The first time you install both, you normally get some kind of compatibility warning (or something of the kind),but I've had no problems.

rawprawn 15:09 03 Jul 04

Depending on what you mean by the same time? I have all three but I do not run Ad-aware & Spybot simulaneously,nor should you.

siouxah1 16:15 03 Jul 04

Am not saying is is right, but, I run Norton anti virus, adaware and spybot checks at the same time.

No problems noticed to date. Could well be wrong.

Brian j

Daz35 16:30 03 Jul 04

Sorry, I thought you meant having them on your system at the same time, not running them at the same time.

I've never run them at the same time as I can't see the point when they only take a couple of minutes to do the job.

L plate marky 19:17 03 Jul 04

Thanks for the responses. I did mean simultaneously, and running them separate along with a sophos anti virus takes about 15 minutes. I simply wondered if I could save time by doing all at the same time. (sorry should have mentioned the anti virus check the first time)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…