Is it possible without problems to run 2 Ipods

Giggle n' Bits 14:51 04 Feb 06

both my kids want a ipod, is it possible without causeing problems to run 2 ipods on one winXP machine ?

Monument 14:58 04 Feb 06

Yes. In iTunes create playlists for each child. When you connect the iPod's, in Edit/Preferences/ iPod, select 'update selected playlists' and then it will only update the relevant playlists for the specific iPod. I use four iPods on one machine.

dms05 15:06 04 Feb 06

If all 4 iPod users want the same tracks do you have to pay 4 times?

Monument 15:17 04 Feb 06

I assume you mean if you have dowenloaded the tracks from iTunes music store if so I don't know.

brambles 18:11 04 Feb 06

iPod: How to Share iPod on a Computer With Multiple Users
This document explains how to set up iTunes to share a single iPod on a computer with multiple users.

About sharing iPod on a computer with multiple users

iPod will only automatically update to one music library. When a computer has multiple users, each user has a separate music library. Each time a user connects to update, iPod erases the music library of the previous user, and downloads the entire library of the current user. If you use a computer with multiple users, and you want to be able to share a single iPod, choose one the methods below.

Method 1: A single user encodes music and updates iPod

Have only one user encode or "rip" the audio CDs and update iPod. The computer's Admin user (or Owner in Mac OS 9) could create an account that is only used for this purpose, for example. Instead of logging in to an individual account, each user could log in to this account to encode audio CDs and update iPod.

Method 2: Manually update iPod's music library

Instead of automatically updating iPod's music library, each user copies songs and playlists to iPod. Important: Each user who uses iPod must log in and follow these steps.

Part 1

1. Open iTunes.
2. Connect iPod.
3. Click the iPod preferences button in the iTunes window.
4. Click "Manually manage songs and playlists" to enable that option.
5. Log out and repeat these steps for each user that uses iPod.

Part 2

1. Open iTunes.
2. Click Library in the source list.
3. Drag songs and playlists from the iTunes music library to the iPod icon in the source list.
4. Repeat these steps for each user that uses iPod.
Brambles

Giggle n' Bits 18:43 04 Feb 06

Nail on the Head ! will print on your instructions bramble.

Kids eh, always making more work for the pc.

Thanks both for the info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now