Is it possible to use my rotuer with SKY BB?

ivesy 12:19 17 Feb 07

It's all in the title really!

I'm not happy with the connection I'm getting from Sky BB. Before I send it back I want to see if it will work any better with my "old" router which never lost a connection and always ran fine. It's a DLINK G604T.

DLINK have told me SKY are keeping the information I need as a secret. Which is unusual as they said IP's usually give this information out.

Anyone with any ideas how I can get the required info on the Netgear router so I can use it on my current router?

Thanks

daxian 14:43 17 Feb 07

hi ivesy.....
have a look at this site ...proved usefull to me in the past ,click here
hope its helpfull for you ....Dave.

ivesy 16:33 17 Feb 07

Cheers Dave

After spending most of the day on this I've finally managed to get my Broadband working through my DLINK router.

Thing is there isn't that much difference in speed! I've rang Sky today who told me my line could take 400KB/SEC according to the router but I'm only getting between 13KB/s and 189KB/s.

They said to leave it a couple of days for the connection to "settle down" but i've never experienced this before when I've changed ISP's.

I know I have 8 days to change my mind and the cynical side of me is thinking is this to put me off until the 8 days have passed then I'm stuck with a 12 month contract?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…