Is it Possible to share Broadband on 2 PC's?

Rogmur 17:11 16 Feb 06

Hello Forum Members.

I have just acquired a USB 2.0 Data Link Cable
and wonder if it is possible to share my broadband connection with my Wifes laptop?

The included leaflet does mention about "Network Swich" and Set this Computer as Internet Connection Server, but I am unable to get it to work.

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Rogmur

Jak_1 17:14 16 Feb 06

Yes you can share broadband on 2 pc's but, you will either need a crossover cable and network cards in both or a router/modemrouter + network cards.

AaNnDdYy 17:43 16 Feb 06

if you buy a cheap one like the voyager 210 for ex:its all cable and has ethernet and usb <im sure there are similar better ones out there this is just example and it takes 20 mins !

>steve< 17:59 16 Feb 06

its a router that you could do with they are £35 from pc world just istall it follow the simple instuctions and away you go i bourght one last sataday istalled it in 10 mins and i was surfing the net.the router wasa belkin by the way.

>steve< 18:01 16 Feb 06

about the spelling im rushing.

Smiler 18:35 16 Feb 06

You may find something here click here

Smiler 18:38 16 Feb 06

or here click here
Don't think you can share internet using usb though. You'll have to use ethernet cards and a crossover cable.

pharte 20:32 16 Feb 06

I think your data link cable is for swapping info between computers and not for networking

Mitul123 21:08 16 Feb 06

you can use a wireless router , thats what im using

Rogmur 21:27 16 Feb 06

Many thanks to you all

(excellent advice)

Kind Regards
Rogmur

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…