Is it possible to save Hotmail folders to HD?

bof:) 13:54 06 Sep 05

Hi All, been asked by brother in law if this can be done.He wants to backup the actual folders I think.

I've used search option here but found nothing, been looking on the Microsoft website and looked in Hotmails own help.

It would appear you cannot or have I missed it?

Thanks,

Mike

Chegs ® 15:26 06 Sep 05

I was just about to suggest you right-click and select "Save target as..." but trying it myself got this... click here

I have been able to d/l them previously,but not able to remember how I did it.Perhaps try right-click/View Source,Copy/paste into Notepad,then change the extention to .html.

It works for email contents,but doesn't save the banners,all you get is a blank box.

lotvic 22:33 06 Sep 05

If you 'forward' the Hotmail emails to an account that you can collect from Outlook Express then you will have them on your pc.

bof:) 13:56 10 Oct 05

thanks everyone. I've suggested they send email to other account that they can collect using outlook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…