Is it possible to rip from BBC radio player?

webber_man 16:09 09 Jun 05

Hi - just a (i hope) quick one!

Is it a) poosible to rip broadcasts from BBC radio player at a decent rate/quality? And if so b) what is needed? Is there any free software that would do this?

SANTOS7 16:13 09 Jun 05

click here
you may find what your looking for here,good luck.....

Dennis Goycoolea 16:33 09 Jun 05

There are lots of programs that do this job, but in my opinion Total Recorder is the best. Not free, but it only costs 12 bucks (£6.60).

It will output a wav for you, so you can convert to any file format you like. Remember, if you use a lossy format you'll lose quality twice over because you're converting from lossy Real Audio in the first place.

By the way, the BBC are now experimenting with allowing downloads of full programs as mp3s. Hurrah! click here

webber_man 18:11 09 Jun 05

Thanks guys - i'll all the tips/links a look

Calhounev 10:22 20 Sep 11

To rip BBC Radio, you might need to use a BBC Radio ripper. It will output audio streams from BBC radio programs directly, while you are listening to BBC Radio. Hope this helps you do the job.

eedcam 11:24 20 Sep 11

or just record it using something like audacity its free

100andthirty 20:57 20 Sep 11

This doesn't answer the question directly but......

If you have "stereo mix" or "what U hear" avalaible with your sound card, you ought to be able to record with Audacity without any other software.

My laptop doesn't have this so I do use Total Recorder; delighted with it.

For the main stream Radio Channels eg BBC, I also record freeview onto a DVD recorder, finalise the disc and the import into Audacity using the ffmpeg plug in. This process avoids the occasional dropouts i get in internet streaming

Nontek 21:04 20 Sep 11

This thread is over six years old - so what's the point??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…