Is it possible to remove the welcome screen

birdface 15:41 11 Sep 08

Hi.I am sure I had my computer set not to show the welcome screen when starting up.Had to reformat the computer a few months ago and can't remember how it was done.Any ideas welcome.Windows Home Edition XP.

User-1229748 15:47 11 Sep 08
  birdface 16:17 11 Sep 08

Hi.Thanks for that.It works but now I have to sign in every time.Can't win them all I suppose.So back to the welcome screen.Many thanks for you help.Just trying to speed up the start up a bit.it is a bit slower since I downloaded AVG 8.nothing that a new computer would not fix.

rossgolf 16:21 11 Sep 08

try a program called TWEAK UI

woodchip 16:27 11 Sep 08

Tweak UI is for 98se. You need XP powertoys

birdface 16:41 11 Sep 08

Thanks for your help lads.tried TweakUi xp and not for me .Afraid I am to thick to use anything like that.So going to give powertoys a miss as well.

oldbeefer2 16:56 11 Sep 08

Hmm. I've fixed mine so I have to do nothing - loads all by itself. Will investigate!

oldbeefer2 17:22 11 Sep 08

I think this may have been it click here

Graham. 17:40 11 Sep 08

Run, 'control userpasswords2'.

birdface 18:20 11 Sep 08

Trying hard lads.But got Administrator password on boot up and could not open windows because I did not know it.There are only the computer administrator and myself the owner on here.So could not get back into Windows.Just lucky enough to get back on using safe mode.I don't have a password and do not have a clue what the administrator password is.So maybe safer staying with the welcome screen.

oldbeefer2 18:22 11 Sep 08

But if you start with the welcome screen and get into windoze, can you not then do what we suggested? Or am I being thick (as usual, my wife would say!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video