Is it possible to put audio tape onto CD-R?

TommyRed 20:52 18 Dec 03

My Aunt has asked me to help her pick a PC, she has some operator experience from work. She want a writer so she can make compilation CD's from CD's she owns and also from Audio Cassette Tapes. Is the latter possible and if so, how do you do it? TIA TR

MAJ 20:58 18 Dec 03

Yes it is possible, there have been numerous posts on how to do it on the forum. If you do a search of the forum from the search engine at the top of the page you should come up with some info on how to do it, TommyRed.

TommyRed 21:13 18 Dec 03

Found some useful info re: what programs to use, how do you connect from Hi-Fi to PC and with what cable, didn't see this on the posts I read. TIA TR

Demora 21:44 18 Dec 03

Simplest way to connect the Audio device to a pc is headphone outlet of audio to line-in of soundcard on pc. There are other ways but these involve more complex pc/audio kit or cabling. I have a mini disk and on my sound card I have optical in/out. You can obtain the cable even in PCWorld. (expensive there) Comet have them as do maplins

TommyRed 22:14 18 Dec 03

Thanks just what I needed. TR

hugh-265156 01:46 19 Dec 03

this click here will take scratches out or vinyl or hissing out of tapes,save to hard disk before you burn them to cd.

i think i seen it advertised on QVC a while back,seemed quite good suprisingly :-)

maybe there is some free software available that will do similar if you have a line in jack input already on the soundcard.not sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…