Is it possible to monitor the upstream traffic between router and ISP using 2 routers

turner9 13:59 27 Apr 14

Hello everyone, Is it possible to monitor the upstream traffic between router and ISP using 2 routers and or a switch perhaps? Is there some configuration I could put together to accomplish this? I do have a second network card in my computer if this could be of use. I do use WireShark to monitor the packets to and from the PC and router. All help will be muchly appreciated.

alanrwood 09:35 29 Apr 14

Not really clear on what you are trying to achieve and as no one has\ answered maybe others feel similar. If you are simply wanting to monitor the amount of data upstream over a period it is usually possible to read that data in the router setup program. Sorry if that is not what you are getting at so maybe try a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…