Is it possible to get broadband

daytimers82 08:56 07 Aug 10

I have a very old bt master socket, i just need to know can i get broadband from the BT master socket - LJ 2/1A socket, rewired

click here

and look under No NTE5 Master Socket?

I have an external wiring going into it from the loft which I presume would be the telephone line.

I had to call out a BT engineer as my little nephew decided to stand on the box and it came away from the wall and the phone line went dead.

The engineer replaced it with a new box but only wired it with two wires numbers 2 and 5. The rest of wires weren't wired up as the were before, being damaged by the nephew it still looks like the LJ 2/1A socket on the inside

sorry if sound to technical, I hope I don't

I would be grateful for any telephone engineers and pc advisors to help me

daytimers82 09:01 07 Aug 10

sorry heres the link

click here

Pine Man 10:37 07 Aug 10

It will work a treat.

Only two of the wires available are used in mine and it's no problem.

It always struck me as funny that the wire from the telephone pole to my house only has two wires in it. Those two wires go into a junction box on the outside of my house and the wire that comes into my house from the junction box has six wires but only two are used!!

So Afraid 13:35 07 Aug 10

I only use wires 2 and 5 as well i removed the so called ring wire myself which i was told can pick up noise,i think the ring wire was wire 3.

ashdav 10:07 08 Aug 10

You only need a ring wire (usually green) if you have an old phone with a bell and pulse dialling.
Modern phones use tone dialling.
The actual signal runs on wires 2 and 5 (orange and white) so no need to worry.

ashdav 10:12 08 Aug 10

Oops.
Should have read the link from daytimers82 first.
That explains it all.

ronalddonald 19:42 08 Aug 10

Will it work with Talk Talk Broadband wireless, ive only got an Ethernet card in the desktop or will need a wireless dongle

Pine Man 07:34 09 Aug 10

?

onthelimit 14:58 09 Aug 10

You really should concentrate!

MAT ALAN 20:51 09 Aug 10

Sorry let me explain i have a very old bt master socket, i just need to know can i get broadband from the BT master socket - LJ 2/1A socket.

click here

and look under No NTE5 Master Socket?

I have an external wiring going into it from the loft which i presume would be the telephone line

click here

text taken from link, do you twp live next door to each other then!!!

Pine Man 17:08 10 Aug 10

'do you twp live next door to each other then'

Maybe a 'clone'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now