Is it possible to........

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:18 09 Oct 03

Increase the bandwith of a usb port? keep getting bandwith exceded error and my modem dont work it used to now i have to take my scanner out to get modem to work.

zydec 11:29 09 Oct 03

I guess your using a Alcatel Speed touch USB modem.....

I would suggest the best way here would be to buy a powered usb hub. This way you should be able to have all devices connected.

If you using a powered hub I would suggest connecting the scanner directly to the USB port on the pc and the rest into the hub.

Failing that the last option would be to buy a 4 port usb card that has more than one processor on it, this would then give 12mbs to each usb socket and stop you getting those errors.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:39 09 Oct 03

Hi am using a voyager 100 modem i have 2 usb sockets on pc,no hub but everything worked before i just swithched between scanner/printer/camera as needed and left modem in,now it only works when it on its own,will look at the usb add on cards,but mobo manual says i can add 2 more ports direct would this help?

christmascracker 11:45 09 Oct 03

I have the same modem from BT and on their site it says this:

Q: Can I connect other USB devices (e.g. printer, scanner, digital camera) to my computer while I'm using a broadband modem?

A: Yes, you can. However, you will need to connect the other devices before you connect the broadband modem. If you connect the modem before your other devices, you will see an error message warning you that the USB bandwidth is exceeded and the additional USB device may not function properly. If your broadband modem is already connected, unplug it, plug in the other USB device(s) and reconnect your modem.

Hope this is of some help

MjM Hellfire 11:49 09 Oct 03

Yes...add the other ports.

What motherboard are you using?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:21 09 Oct 03

i have just tried to do what u said on BT site and it did work in a fashion,only now it went through the modem install procedure again so now i have 2 modems in device manager lol but other usb stuff works,i have an ECS mobo ks75a for now am getting GA-7N400 PRO at weekend and changing every thing round. thx for the help guys.

christmascracker 12:27 09 Oct 03

Ok, good luck at the weekend!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…