//some 3rd party need geo

Is it poss.2 run 2 cordless mice from one baseunit

I have finally bought a new keyboard and mouse as my last set were driving me mad due to my daughter working them to near death whilst playing computer games. Funnily enough the lack of "double click" on the mouse didn't affect her game playing, so I am wondering whether it is possible to run two mice off of one base station so she can continue to hammer the old one, and my husband and I can enjoy the luxury of a non played with, new one (same with the key board!)
If i reconnect each time I change the ouse it works with whichever has been connected , I just wondered whether or not it is possible

... to have both connected at the same time!
I just pressed a diff. button on the new one and my thread was sent unfinished- sorry :)
thanks in advance for any replies!

ade.h 15:45 27 Nov 05

Yes, it is. Two wireless mice might be a problem, but I have had two mice installed and working correctly on one PC. One was cabled, the other wireless. If they both need to be cordless, then all you can do is try it. The only possible issue is one of signal interference, but it may well be fine. There almost certainly won't be any device or driver conflicts.

Thanks, what i find is if i connect 1 the other stops "receiving". If i gave my daughter a child's corded mouse would i need a splitter of some sort?
thanks

ade.h 16:00 27 Nov 05

No, just plug it into another port. You might as well use PS2 for the wired mouse, unless you have a surfeit of USB ports going spare. No need for any kind of splitter. If your two wireless mice don't work together, then that's most likely to be a signal problem.

ade.h 16:03 27 Nov 05

BTW, if you're trying to use two wireless mice, are you using both receivers or trying to run them from the same one?

Stuartli 16:15 27 Nov 05

A keyboard and mouse cordless set with optical mouse can be bought these days from £15 to £20.

If you bought two sets of the same type and use just the one receiver, it would only be only a matter of seconds to "program" the keyboard and mouse to the receiver when you change over.

In fact if you get it right, you may not even have to reprogram the units each time you change over.

Both mice are the same, I am only currently using one base unit. Staurtli-how do I get it right to not even have to reprogram it?
thanks!

Chegs ®™ 09:49 28 Nov 05

Easiest method is use a combination of PS/2 and USB mice.Using USB and PS/2 mice,I've had 4 different devices connected.

Only trouble was one of the mice was moving around with the vibrations thru the desk and kept "killing" me in a game. ;-)

Thaks Chegs I'll get her a USB 2 corded mouse- are they ok on hubs?

Chegs ®™ 10:44 28 Nov 05

Yeah,no problems here.I have a seperate powered hub and the motherboards 4 USB ports are described as a hub to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…