//some 3rd party need geo

is it poss to have invisible dialler on broadband?

longjon 12:38 05 Jul 04

having problems with internet exp and outlook...connection is randomly cut off and often unavailable. the behaviour reminds me of the way rogue diallers attacked when i had dial up, but now i have broadband. is it possible that i have a lurking dialler which is interrupting connection without managing to dial anything? my norton wall and antivirus, spybot and adaware can find nothing...tho i have also heard that norton software can cause these kinds of problems. any thoughts, anyone?

Meshuga 13:28 05 Jul 04

Hello longjon. My understanding is that it is not possible for anything to dial on BB. Have you disconnected your dialup connection from your phoneline when you dont need it. You dont say who your isp is but it is possible they are having problems. My BB is with metronet and I have had a similar problem which turned out to be a problem at their end. Regards,Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…