Is it OK to disconnect

Dumble452 09:15 02 Jul 04

Is it OK to disconnect a casefan from the motherboard power connection?

SANTOS7 09:18 02 Jul 04

Why would you want to do that anyway?

rickf 09:38 02 Jul 04

Its ok but make sure that the power is off. Some m/bs have a small light indicating that power is on. AS before why do you want to do that? Are replacing it? Otherwise you do need the case fan attached and on to keep the case cool.

Dumble452 09:59 02 Jul 04

Sorry, I should have made it clearer. I'm trying to track down a source of noise. At present I have 2 case fans, one connected to the motherboard connection and the other one fed directly from the PSU. Obviously I cannot disconnect the CPU or PSU fans but I thought if I could disable the case fans for a few minutes then that would help me to locate the source of the noise.

SANTOS7 10:04 02 Jul 04

while you have the sides of your case open, go around all the screws just to make sure they are all secure after time some may loosen up (but be sure to demagnetise any tools you use inside your case) good luck

spuds 11:24 02 Jul 04

Whilst you have the case open,check for dust content, this can add to any problems. A good dust now and again can improve matters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…