Is It Now Safe to Use the August Windows Update for Windows 8.1

RegScriv 14:42 19 Aug 14

The August Windows Update caused me major problems. I restored my pc using Macrium Reflect to 2 months earlier to overcome the problems.

Microsoft have apparently pulled the August Update, so yesterday (18th) I allowed Windows to update, assuming the available update now to be safe. However, I still had problems but I've overcome them.

The question is, was I safe to allow Windows to download the update? Microsoft are recommending that users uninstall the August Update, involving tinkering with the Registry. Can I assume that this is only for those unfortunate enough to have downloaded the original August Update.

Gordon Freeman 18:28 19 Aug 14

What are the 8.1 update kb numbers? I got 2 of them on the 12th Aug which installed successfully: 2975719 2979500

wizzboy 21:34 19 Aug 14

i would say no until they fix the up dates for window 8.1, it wiped my web credentials passwords for a few times now so I have stopped all my up dates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…