//some 3rd party need geo

is it norton

polish 19:12 15 Apr 05

when i play any games the game will play well for a couple of minutes or so then slow down and judder for a couple of seconds then play ok again
my system is p42.53 nvidia 5700 120gb hdd 1024 ddr ram msi msi neo2p 865pe mobo iam in the near future going to remove norton system works antivirus and firewall to see if this improves the games and general system speed could any please recommend a antivirus and firewall also is the microsoft firewall any good any advice would be appreciated

VoG II 19:14 15 Apr 05

Microsoft firewall is one-way (inbound) only. This will not stop trojans "phoning home".

Anti virus: AVG click here

Firewall: Zone Alarm click here

jbp1982 19:24 15 Apr 05

When Norton firewall tries to alert you to something it interferes with what's running, game or otherwise. Used to throw me out of any thing I was running.

With the advice of the others on here I am using AVG free and sygate free firewall, all without a hitch, computer flies along.

Windows firewall is a wast of time, as VoG says, it's only inward not outward.

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…