It is necessary to login as an administrator

s99Raj 16:27 26 Jul 04

I'm trying to load Tiscali on another computer which I have have just reformatted and used the recovery CD that came with the pc, so everything is as "new", with XP Home.

Now, after a point I get the message :

It is necessary to login as an administrator to install this program.

The only option I have is OK and then the pc restarts. The thing is I AM logged in as an administrator. There is only one user on the pc, and under User Accounts it lists only the one administrator and a Guest, which is off.

Any ideas on how I can stop this error message? i ahve installed several other programs, such as Norton Systemworks, without any problem. Cheers.

Diodorus Siculus 16:50 26 Jul 04

Can you create another account with full administrator privileges and use that to install the program?

s99Raj 16:53 26 Jul 04

I tried that - I created another administrator account, but got the same error message.

FatGit 20:13 11 Nov 04

I had trouble trying to load Tiscali on a new laptop for a friend and was advised to use manual setup directed to click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…