Is it my imagination or are experts leaving here?

MjM Hellfire 11:47 09 Oct 03

Just read through Pops message about him leaving...anyone know why?

Other comments were made about people leaving, but with nothing specific as a reason.

What is going on here, if anything?

Is there a mutiny or underlying problem that I am not aware of...YET?

Cheers!

Taran 11:59 09 Oct 03

People come and go here at their own choice and for many reasons.

Most who leave end up by drifting back over time (I did !) and it's safe to say that the slightly addicitive nature of the forums acts as a real lure to anyone who has been involved with it.

I think it's safe to say that anyone who leaves will be missed, especially someone like Pops who actively contributed a great deal to the forums.

Such is the changing nature of this site though: as one person leaves, dozens of new members join and there will always be people here who will try and help out.

I certainly don't think that there is a general underlying current here that is set to affect us all and I very much doubt that you will see people leaving in droves.

All we can do is wish those who leave our best and carry on with doing what this forum does best.

Regards

Taran

GroupFC 12:22 09 Oct 03

Well put!

BBez 12:27 09 Oct 03

hmmmn, i've had difficulty in getting some problems resolved recently, although, in all fairness, with some advanced topics since i started university (eg SQL problems, RDMS etc) but, i suppose, if you work with PC's all day which would make you experienced in certain fields, then you can't be bothered with it at night when you finish. Just a thought...

Chegs ® 13:09 09 Oct 03

Been here for ages,left,returned,left,returned.As Taran says,it's an addictive site.

MjM Hellfire 14:34 09 Oct 03

Jolly good...I was under the impression there might have been some kind of problem, making people go elsewhere.

Cheers!

woodchip 14:36 09 Oct 03

I have had thought many times

christmascracker 14:44 09 Oct 03

OOOOO, dont you go as well!!

JFT 14:48 09 Oct 03

Hmmmmm, i was thinking it may have to do with the last couple of days, where there seemed to be a lot of arguments going on about people not getting the help they needed and somebody like -Pops- has thought "why bother?"

I hope this isn't the reason because some of the help you can get on this forum can be invaluable and save you a fortune on so called "support lines". Any way that's my "2 cents worth".

powerless 19:32 09 Oct 03

Someone has to whip PCA into shape and he is called Powerless!

bof:) 19:35 09 Oct 03

'Powerless the Modest' :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…