Is it me or is it them?

wotbus@ 13:18 04 Mar 04

WinXP. Just lately I have started having problems connecting to sites which I usually connect to each morning. I select it from Favourites-there is a short pause then I receive the message "Network Error.Unable to request URL from host (site name):80:Operation timed out". The sites are Flt Sim sites. I have visited the sites regularly (usually each morning) for the past year with no problems. First to go was Surclaro.com about a month ago, unable to get in since. Last week Avsim.com and now FlightSim.com. The latter suggested if unable to get in then the "cache" of IE should be emptied and the setting increased. Each day after finishing with the net I delete Selected Cookies/Browse History and Temporary Files using AdSubtract Pro as I have always done. Could it be the sites are just growing and are more busy as I rarely get the problem with any of my other favourite URL's. Any comment would be welcome. Thanks

splork 13:38 04 Mar 04

Try going to the sites by typing the URL into the address bar, or accessing them through a search engine, then update your favourites, failing that, get an msdos prompt up, type "ping click here", if you get a response then it's a problem with your browser; perhaps try updating or repairing the installation - seeing as it works with other sites this seems unlikely tho.

wotbus@ 13:47 04 Mar 04

OK splork, thanks for the advice. URL "avsim.com" no problem when typing the URL myself but still the same with surclaro.com. Obviously not something serious but thanks for your help.

dth 15:32 04 Mar 04

must be a temp problem with the sites

just went to the surclaro one ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…