Is it just me, or have others noticed that Windows starts up quicker without automated login?

Jwbjnwolf 22:55 13 Oct 13

Basically all throughout my time using Windows, I have basically always noticed that often, Windows can login so slow and take such a long time to even respond with the automated login turned on, but then when logging in manually, it is so much faster and doesn't grind to a halt.

I noticed that with XP, with Vista, with Windows 7, and when I turned on the automated login the other day, I've only just realised again why I never used the auto login, because it often just grinds to a halt, even did on my Mac with XP in bootcamp (back in the Snow Leopard days).

I feel that I understand why it takes longer logging in automatically, because Windows is still loading the bootup stuff when it's logging in, so it's doing a lot more things all at once than when you manually log in.

But then I cannot find anything on the Internet about it, so I'm just curious, as I am certain it's not just me that's noticed this

Jwbjnwolf 22:58 13 Oct 13

Think I could of done without the "basically"s. I really really need to get better at proof reading, especially when I cannot edit it lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…