Is it just me, or

Gandalph 18:33 25 May 03

has this PCA Homepage slowed down since they introduced the underlining of certain words. After I have signed in and clicked on the Helproom Icon the page comes up will not allow me to navigate anywhere for about fifteen to twenty seconds till after the words on the Search function at the top,Help, This Week etc., have turned white and disappeared then reappeared. Only then can I scroll down the page and select which posting I want to read. After returning from the posting back to the Helproom Homepage the same thing happens again, there is about a twenty second pause before I can scroll and select another posting.

Is this just me or has anyone else experienced this. Bare in mind this has only happened since the introduction of the underlining routine.

davidg_richmond 18:36 25 May 03

yep its happening to me too, i'm on broadband so it's not even cured by a faster connection (it's probably a Java thing activated on your PC)

Gandalph 18:45 25 May 03

Well, I'm pleased it's just not me it happens to. I'm still on Dial-up, as you say the faster connection doesn't cure the problem. I'm using the Sun Microsystems version of JVM version 1_4_1_02. I think I'll have a hunt around and see if there is anything obvious in it that can be altered, although I doubt it.

Thanks for the reply. Green tick time. Cheers. :-)

rawprawn 18:48 25 May 03

Strange I haven't had a problem, although I can't say that I feel that underining various words is a great deal of use, because if someone is trying to convey a link to the rest of us which they feel is worth following up we get "Click Here"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…