Is It Free?

Hetti 20:37 29 Dec 04

I was just looking on E-bay and came across an advert where you pay 25 dollars to read an E book that will then tell you how you can download Adobe/Microsoft Office/Norten anti- virus and various other high priced software, all free after you pay your 25 dollars is this correct and more importantly is it legal?

TomJerry 20:43 29 Dec 04

In this world, nothing is free.

QuickHare 20:44 29 Dec 04

It is possible to buy anything on eBay these days. But the act of downloading such software is illegal. The fact that you pay $25 to find where to download it is a way for the seller to make some money out of it. PRobably the files do not exist, or are stupidly written so you get drawn into paying up for nothing. This is nothing more than an illegal sale. Either you're paying for illegal software or you're paying a fraudster. Either way, I'd notify eBay bosses if you can. See what they say.

Cook2 20:45 29 Dec 04

all free after you pay your 25 dollars is this correct and more importantly is it legal?

Send me a tenner and I'll tell you. ;0}

g0nvs 21:12 29 Dec 04

I'll tell you for a fiver.

Buchan 35 21:15 29 Dec 04

Hetti,
In the name of sanity leave it alone. It`s some wideboy out to make a killing

Buchan 35 21:18 29 Dec 04

Sorry about the double post Hetti, I thank God you came on this forum first

woodchip 21:24 29 Dec 04

How can people be so gullible

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…