Is it dead?

t.long 10:38 31 Aug 04

My computer was making a lot of noise, so I thought I best open it up and take a look. Well it just seems to be that the CPU fan is loud, never realy noticed it before. However, now I am unable to get a signal to the monitor, ie. it just comes up with 'no signal input'. I tried taking the VGA card out to see if the motherboard beeped when it 'posted'. But it [motherboard] did nothing. I am going to try putting in my old graphics card tonight to see if that works. The funny thing is that the fan on the current graphics card works fine it just seems to be that the monitor or graphics card has stopped working.

The card is a Geforce FX5200 with 128mb ddr ram. If that makes things any clearer.

t.long 13:25 31 Aug 04

refresh

wee eddie 13:32 31 Aug 04

That you have inadvertently bent or broken one of the pins on the monitors plug

t.long 13:35 31 Aug 04

Wll the monitor plug does seem to be missing a couple of pins.

wee eddie 12:07 01 Sep 04

If memory serves me right, from threads here and elsewhere.

Some multi-pin plugs can be made with one pin short. However I have not seen any threads here about a plug normally being two pins short. So this is be the likely cause of your problem.

I am afraid that if it is Hard Wired, all may be lost. However if you are lucky you may just be able to buy a new cable.

t.long 00:03 28 Sep 04

Just thought I would come back to this, I am an idiot some times. I spent so much time looking at things I never stopped to listen, no POST. Clearly a dead CPU.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…