Is it the cardr?

shellship 17:54 28 Mar 07

My wife and I have wirelessly networked machines with a BB router located in the middle of the house to serve us both. We have same ISP for POP3 - Lineone in my case and Tiscali in hers. As of today her connection speed has become low (54%)and she keeps losing connection when downloading emails. Could her card be dying on her - it was put in the same time as mine when we installed the system.

recap 09:01 29 Mar 07

A loss of speed doesn't necessarily mean that the card is on its way out. There may be a fault with your wifes Tiscali account. Or more processes are operating on your wifes system.

shellship 15:23 30 Mar 07

Thanks. Won't be processes - her beast is quicker than mine anyway and mine is overloaded with programs and processes - getting a new big HD on Monday to see if that helps my beast.

Tiscali and Lineone are the same ISP (T bought L) - or are they?

PeterRidgers 08:45 31 Mar 07

I think it's unlikely that lineone and tiscali merged their server suites when T bought L. Set up a pop3 account on your machine to receive your wifes emails - if the connection problems persist then it is Tiscali, if they go away then it is your wife's machine.

On your wife's m/c what does the radio connection look like - is the signal strength ok?

shellship 13:59 31 Mar 07

Good thinking. Will try and report. Wife's signal strength now not so good. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5