Is it the cardr?

shellship 17:54 28 Mar 07

My wife and I have wirelessly networked machines with a BB router located in the middle of the house to serve us both. We have same ISP for POP3 - Lineone in my case and Tiscali in hers. As of today her connection speed has become low (54%)and she keeps losing connection when downloading emails. Could her card be dying on her - it was put in the same time as mine when we installed the system.

recap 09:01 29 Mar 07

A loss of speed doesn't necessarily mean that the card is on its way out. There may be a fault with your wifes Tiscali account. Or more processes are operating on your wifes system.

shellship 15:23 30 Mar 07

Thanks. Won't be processes - her beast is quicker than mine anyway and mine is overloaded with programs and processes - getting a new big HD on Monday to see if that helps my beast.

Tiscali and Lineone are the same ISP (T bought L) - or are they?

PeterRidgers 08:45 31 Mar 07

I think it's unlikely that lineone and tiscali merged their server suites when T bought L. Set up a pop3 account on your machine to receive your wifes emails - if the connection problems persist then it is Tiscali, if they go away then it is your wife's machine.

On your wife's m/c what does the radio connection look like - is the signal strength ok?

shellship 13:59 31 Mar 07

Good thinking. Will try and report. Wife's signal strength now not so good. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…