Is it a bulk emailer I need?

edennorman 08:05 06 Nov 06

Hello

I have a small list of about 80 people I wish to send the same email.

Is it a bulk emailer I need? Can anyone recommend a simple software, or better still a freeware version.

I have heard that bulk emailers often get accused of sending spam, at least I picked that idea up from somewhere. My sevrer...cegetel.net has been blacklisted by AOL as someone with a cegetel account sent huge ammounts of spam, so I am very sensitive to this problem at the moment.
It would take quite a while to send these mails one by one throught outlook express.

Thank you for your help.

eden

TomG 08:18 06 Nov 06

I think you are right to be concerned about being seen as a spammer. Could you set up a group contact in OE that way the email will only be sent once?

TomG 08:19 06 Nov 06

I think you are right to be concerned about being seen as a spammer. Could you set up a group contact in OE that way the email will only be sent once?

TomG 08:19 06 Nov 06

whoops!

edennorman 08:33 06 Nov 06

Thank you TomG for the reply.

I am not sure what you mean when you talk about setting up a group contact, would it be possible for you to go into that a little.

I am very much concerned about being seen as a spammer, though none of the people I am sending the mail to would see it as spam.

eden

Taff™ 11:25 06 Nov 06

I e-mail up to 300 people at a time for a Society but I use Word mail merge features (Merge to e-mail) and Outlook. (Not Express) This means that each recipient gets an individual personalised e-mail. The group e-mail is a good suggestion for 80 people.

I have had problems intermittently with being blacklisted but this seems to last a couple of days and resolves itself fairly quickly so no great problems. I would suggest you check with your ISP for recommendations. For example I was told to keep my group distribution lists to less than 100 and keep file attachments at no more than 300Kb. I have therefore split one of my distribution lists into two and when I use the merge feature option for the larger distribution list (300) I send them in batches of 100 at a time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…