Is it advisable to have both Spybot and Ad-aware?

theDarkness 23:55 15 Mar 09

Is it advisable to have both Spybot and Ad-aware running at the same time on the one pc? Some websites recommend you install and use both to scan for problems, as one may detect something the other does not, but I am wondering if this can cause conflicts? thanks if anyone has any info or has knowledge of running them both at the same time :)

MAJ 00:00 16 Mar 09

No problem running them both on the same PC, but don't run scans with them at the same time. I haven't used either in quite a while though, I find Mbam click here , Superantispyware click here and Spywareblaster click here much better (they're all free).

theDarkness 00:10 16 Mar 09

not heard of the first 2, but ive definately tried Spywareblaster, a very good program. Ill probably reinstall and try it again at some point. Im wondering if letting the above processes i mention (from spybot and adaware) run constantly, will slow my system or even internet connection down-if its wise to have them running when trying to burn discs for example? most likely not but im running a 1.6 ghz processor desktop system with 1 gig of ram

MAJ 00:18 16 Mar 09

As far as I remember both applications use very little resources, I used them both on XP with an 800MHz processor and 384MB of RAM without any problems burning. They also shouldn't affect your internet speed.

theDarkness 00:42 16 Mar 09

thanks for the info :) Im wondering if Mbam and Superantispyware do anything better than the other 3-or if its just a case of the more installed, then the potentially safer your system is in not failing to miss anything certain programs might? Ill probably only stick to installing 2 software programs relating to spyware/ad scanning at the most-only connecting at the moment on the net on my desktop via mobile phone :) opera is by far the fastest browser to use-unfortunately I think certain software (such as spywareblaster) do not work with opera-as far as I remember I think I would have to use IE or Mozilla/Firefox instead, which is a pity

laurie53 07:40 16 Mar 09

I have them both running all the time on three different machines ( 2 x XP and 1 x Vista) without any apparent problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…