Is it Advent or is it Medion ?

NearlyTheir 16:58 16 Nov 05

What bios do I need ?
The outside case says Advent T9102 but the Serial num says Medion msi-7046 main board.
Do I try the Medion bios ? Is it the same machine ?

Skyver 17:03 16 Nov 05

The Medion or MSI one (MicroStar International click here )
Only update the BIOS if it is absolutely neccessary though, if the process goes wrong it can leave you with a an expensive doorstop.

woodchip 17:08 16 Nov 05
  NearlyTheir 17:11 16 Nov 05

Advent nor MSI have no bios for msi-7046 main board but Medion does. Yes I know it could go wrong but this cpu fan running at full tilt is making me go deaf. Can not get into extended bios only basic bits with what I have now.

Skyver 17:14 16 Nov 05

Oh I see, I would do the same in that case.

woodchip 17:15 16 Nov 05

Madion Bios will be the same, I have two Medions

NearlyTheir 17:16 16 Nov 05

Reading others problems with same computer on your click here bit.

NearlyTheir 17:20 16 Nov 05

Woodchip what do you have ? Mine is a T9102. Can you get in your full bios to check fan speeds ?
If you can , how do you get in as the F11 key is password protected.

woodchip 17:47 16 Nov 05

Desktop and Laptop both celeron, got them cheap at the time from MAKRO warehouse. I did have a lot of problems with Desktop but they eventualy fixed it. New Mobo New PSU New Front USB panel. It was the Front USB that was all the trouble

NearlyTheir 17:58 16 Nov 05

Have looked at the search results from msi-7046 bios. Have not found out why my bios is protected though. Yes I know to keep my fingers out but if its my machine I want to see whats going on with it.
Do you have a loud cpu fan on desktop ?

sysserv 18:02 16 Nov 05

there are various versions available some work with other brands that are not listed

click here

click here

The first one is a generic one see disclaimer at
click here

The second is a dell/and many others see disclaimaer at click here

Not every chipset has a speed control capability, but most of the newer ones do.

So I suspect that speedfan will help.

Philip Mc Donald
click here

As with all freeware, if you use it and like it it is always nice to go to the relevant programmers website and give a donation if they take them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…