How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…
I am continually being told by AVG - my anti-virus (about every two hours) that I have 'istbar.de' on my computer. It tells me that if I run it, then it will remove it for me - then it promptly fails to do so. I have had other varients of this before and they have always been easy to remove manually. With this one, I turn off any suspicious looking programs in taskmanager; go to 'run' and type in msconfig and do the same there. Then go into system32/restore where it is usually lurking> boot it out, only to have it back again the next time I come to the computer. Could anyone help please. Cheers. Floyd
Sounds like you have system restore enabled and its stuck in there.
1) To turn off Windows XP System Restore
2) Click Start > Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer
3) Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
4) Click the System Restore tab.
5) bCheck the "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives" check box as shown in this illustration:
6) Click Apply. The following message appears:
You have chosen to diable system resotre.....
Do you want to turn off system restore.
7) As noted in the message, this will delete all existing restore points. Click Yes to do this.
8) Proceed with what you need to do. For example, removing viruses. Restart the computer and follow the instructions in the next section to turn on System Restore.
Now we need to turn system restore back on:
To turn on Windows XP System Restore
1) Click Start.
2) Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
3) Click the System Restore tab.
4) Uncheck the "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives" check box.
5) Click Apply, and then click OK.
Is your problem resolved?
If so chech the resolved box. If not however, please post back.
Thanks Folks! I always know where to come when I need help. Floyd
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.