ISTBAR keeps on coming back

Randa panda 11:27 10 Apr 05

Ive ran ad aware se personal and it seems to have cleared the istbar but then a internet page keeps on appearing and downloading in less then 10 seconds. can anyone help.

Diodorus Siculus 11:37 10 Apr 05

click here
SB click here
SpywareBlaster click here
cws click here

Some more which may help.

Diodorus Siculus 11:38 10 Apr 05

doxdesk.com: database: ISTbar
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:24 10 Apr 05

If it keeps coming back then its in your system restore files.

Switch off sytem restore (which will delete all restore points). Run adaware agin and make sure the system is clean. Switch system restore back on

Randa panda 18:58 10 Apr 05

Thanks, Ill try them and then get back to you

highside 10:41 26 Jun 05

Have read responses on this, I have IST bar problems also, grateful for any advice.
PEST SCAN found ISTbar-hijacker, hkey-local-machine\software\microsoft\downloadmanager, but will not repair it without payment(PEST PATROL) I would pay but its a USA only type pay system.
SO I tried the following sites (willing to pay if required) BUT none of them find the beast so no point subscribing where required.

I have full McAfee int sec pack, up to date and have tried system restore.

THESE DO NOT FIND IT, Xoft spy, CC cleaner, ad-ware se, Reg Seeker, Spy bot and Spy hunter . Any suggestions to how I can locate it on my PC with a program which will also repair it?
Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:56 26 Jun 05

click here for Istbar removal tool

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:58 26 Jun 05

You also need to delete all the files in C/windows/prefetch.....

MS Antispy click here if you are using Xp or sunbelt counterspy for pre-XP versions....click here (1 month free) turn off system restore and run it whilst system restore is OFF, will usually cure 1stbar.

Regseeker and Cckeaner are NOT adware or trojan cleaners.

G

Randa panda 11:07 26 Jun 05

hey , cheers its sorted ou my problem

highside 16:44 27 Jun 05

Thanks to Fruit Bat & Gandalf for your help.
I have to assume that I do not have a problem but thought I would record the remaining story in case it helps anyone else or anyone would like to comment.

I downloaded MS beta as suggested, nice program -it said my PC was clean. (just like the other programs I tried) I ran Pest Scan yet again and ITs still recorded ISTbar as being present.
Downloaded the Symantec Removal tool it says that my PC does NOT have ISTbar.
I think I have to assume that there is a problem with Pest Scan and I will forget about ISTbar as there is no trace in my registry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac