Issue with OUTLOOK

Trepan 20:05 14 Mar 06

Yes it is me again! This time I have aprob with Outlook (not the Express version). When I attach a Word .com file to an email and I go to open it to check that it is the right file it will not open instead a dialouge bos opnes with the title Address Book Import Tool with a list of program/file types to chosse from.

Now I just know that I have caused this as I was trying to import my old address book which I had copied into a word document and tried then to import this into Outlook - it didn't work so I revereted to entering all 150 afddresses manually. Following me messing about I have done somthing that refuses to allow Outlook to open up anything other than rich text files, problem is what on earth have I done? (methinks I have upset Outlook or Word settings, but try as I might I am unable to sort it)

Can someone help me please, if so you will make a 65yr old grumpy man happy

anskyber 14:05 15 Mar 06

No, but you may want to try the question again in Helproom if you do not get an answer here. I have noticed all the usual incredibly helpful people giving advice in AB's but I think more may check Helproom more regularly.

VoG II 17:36 15 Mar 06

Do Word documents that are not Outlook attachments open correctly if you double-click them?

Trepan 11:22 16 Mar 06

Yep, as do attachments sent to friends through my Outlook account.

I can only open word based attachments in Outlook if I save them first in Word and open them in that way.

Had an Excel attachment yesterday and that opened okay from Outlook.

Trepan 11:25 16 Mar 06

Thanks for this and you are most probally right, I will put the question in Helproom.

Cheers

Trepan 12:02 16 Mar 06

Eureka - I seem to have sorted the problem by going to Control Panel/Folder Options then File Types I noted that Outlook had this Open With Address Book and reset to default checked it out and it seemed to work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…