Issue with netbook displaying images/logos and graphics

aca 18:52 PM 02 Mar 13

My daughter has an HP Mini 210 with Windows 7 Starter. Having the following problems:

In browsers- IE & FF most graphics/pics wont show.For example google is just text. In windows dialogue boxes/windows lack graphics/colours In Publisher logo/pic will only display properly in print preview (no fill colour)

I have tried: Disabling McAfee firewall/anti-virus Changing screen resolution Updated graphics driver

Very frustrating! Thanks in advance for advice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 PM 02 Mar 13

open IE then go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab> Click 'Reset'

This should rest the default settings in IE and may help with the others.

aca 19:13 PM 02 Mar 13

Thanks, tried and still the same. Seems strange that it is happening on windows as well as browsers.

woodchip 19:19 PM 02 Mar 13

This sounds like it may be some kind of power saving feature, I ham using a Samsung nc10 Netbook to write this post and get all colours. Only thing it lacks is with it being a 10ins wide screen some software will not work right as it cuts off the bottom of the Program Page that's been loaded

woodchip 19:20 PM 02 Mar 13

am not ham

aca 19:21 PM 02 Mar 13

ok thanks will have a look at that.

aca 19:23 PM 02 Mar 13

put on "performance plan" ie full power usage and no change

woodchip 19:27 PM 02 Mar 13

Is just in the Browser that you are getting the Problem and what Browser are you using

woodchip 19:29 PM 02 Mar 13

In FF or IE make sure it is set to show Pictures in Options for Browser

aca 19:49 PM 02 Mar 13

Y both set to show pics.

Woolwell 20:16 PM 02 Mar 13

Has the netbook ever shown graphics correctly?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11