ISP wont disconnect

mickmoran61 00:26 12 May 04

Please help!
I have two ISPs on my computer. I have no problems connecting to the Internet. However, despite the fact that I have both connections set to disconnect if my Internet activity is idle for 20 minutes, I find that my internet connection can be "alive" for more than 1 and a half hours before I notice that I forgot to disconnect. I have rechecked these settings and they still say that the computer will disconnect if connected for >20 minutes.
What might the problem be?

Mick

GaT7 01:18 12 May 04

If not already done, try also setting it to disconnect in Control Panel\Modems\Properties\Connection.

BTW, what OS are you using?

As a temporary workaround you could use this free program to disconnect for you at appointed times/periods - Slawdog Smart Shutdown - click here.

In the meantime someone else may come to the rescue & if I find something will return to post it here. Good luck, G

mickmoran61 01:31 12 May 04

Crossbow 7
I'm using Windows XP (service pack 1). Is this significant?
I tried your solution but couldn't find "Conections" in the options provided.

I haven't tried your suggested link.

GaT7 16:03 12 May 04

mickmoran61 - sorry about that. Maybe found on a different tab & not under 'Connection'.

Does anyone (using WinXP) know how to change this 'disconnect a call if idle...' setting in Control Panel\Modems? Or, offer a more specific fix?

"I'm using Windows XP (service pack 1). Is this significant?" - Yes. Always helps the person responding to give you more specific & accurate advice, so make sure to include it whenever you post a query : ) Also, a little about your PC's spec is always welcome, but not necessary this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5