isp uk

Davy, 20:59 14 Jul 03

does anyone know of a uk isp that will enable the person to pay monthly at either a bank or post-office instead of by credit card or direct debit?

woodchip 21:11 14 Jul 03

Are you on BT line Dial-Up modem, if so you may be able to get the one that I use NTL/BT line you have a box that all you call's go through NTL at what is called "321 service" 3p per min any where in the country no national call's all are local, as above 3p during the week 8am to 6pm, 2p an night. 1p at weekends this is for calls beyond £15 a month that you pay, including free 0800 number 24/7 internet the £15 is for telephone call's for you to spend per month you pay extra for call's at the above rate that goes above the £15, It is Direct Debit

woodchip 21:15 14 Jul 03

PS you still have to pay BT your quotally phone connection charge

Davy, 21:16 14 Jul 03

thanks woodchip,have you a link to this? & i am on bt line

mammak 21:26 14 Jul 03

If on a dailup, Freeserve anytime for £9.99 for your first 3 months and £14.99 after by direct debit, but as woodchip said you still have to pay your standard BT line rental, Regards Mammak

woodchip 21:44 14 Jul 03

Have a look hear I think this is the one click here

perpetually-perplexed 21:46 14 Jul 03

what about bt 24/7 added to your phonebill , you can pay your bill then at one of those paypoint places when you want

woodchip 22:03 14 Jul 03

BT's a wast of time I was paying about £135 a quota and only using at night on the 1p a min on NTL. It cost about £28 a quota for BT line rental and £45 NTL I have never gone above the £15 a month Direct Debit Phone charge total £73 a Quota including phone charges.

Davy, mine started at £10 but they put it up to £15 after two months but at the rate above who cares saving £62 per quota. It take a while for them to send the CD for internet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…