ISP Timeout.

carper 11:22 19 Feb 05

Sometimes if I am doing a big download (dialup) my ISP closes my connection. I think that I have read somewhere that there is a small programme which will "ping" the ISP and make it think that the line is active. I'd be pleased for any Help Regards
Carper

Belatucadrus 11:47 19 Feb 05

Most dial ups have a two hour timer that you can't circumvent, but here's a few freebies that could help click here connection keeper click here KeepAlive. If that doesn't work try a download manager, that'll ensure that the data downloaded when you lose connection isn't lost and that the download can be resumed click here Download Express or click here Leechget

realist 14:27 19 Feb 05

There's a program called "anti-idle" that keeps me on AOL 6.0 all day by pinging their server....get it from click here

carper 14:51 19 Feb 05

Thanks Belatucadrus. Not the first time you have come up with a good answer for me. Giving Leechget a go. Carper

carper 14:54 19 Feb 05

Thanks Realist I'll keep it in mind

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…