"ISP supports POP3 email accounts"

end 09:17 22 Apr 04

I need to find this information if I want to TRY and use Mailwasher.I have to find my POP, SMTP settings..... ???how please....???? tas

Diodorus Siculus 09:26 22 Apr 04

Depends on who your ISP is.

Go to their website and it will all be listed there under something like "settings".

Or open your mail program and look there at account properties.

Tell us your ISP and someone will post details for you.

end 09:35 22 Apr 04

the "fun" IS... I am now on Broadband, but still use my Talkgas email address with no problems; am using BTbroadband...ummm..???who IS then my ISP???and could the detail be "held" in my Outlook express accounts bit????...am just not sure WHERE TO look FOR th info....(stating the obvious!!!!!),....

johnnyrocker 10:09 22 Apr 04

your outgoing server will be smtp your isp and your incoming server will be pop.talkgas.co.uk or similar.

johnny.

Smegs 10:18 22 Apr 04

end, open O/E, click on TOOLS, goto ACCOUNTS, click the MAIL TAB, highlight your email provider, click properties, click on SERVERS. In that tab, it will tell you want your email settings are.

Smegs 10:22 22 Apr 04

Open O/E, goto TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, highlight the email supplier you use. Goto PROPERTIES, click the SERVERS TAB. In there, you will find your settings for your email.

johnnyrocker 10:29 22 Apr 04

those will be the wrong details as he is using a different isp for the second mail incoming.

johnny.

end 10:32 22 Apr 04

my computer has had me "locked out" of the internet for the past hour, hense only just getting to this....have printed out the above and will "go searching" ...thanks.....

Smegs 10:43 22 Apr 04

johnnyrocker, I know what your saying, yes I do agree with you. The Outgoing mail will be somthing like this, SMTP.BTBROADBAND.COM/CO.UK. Incoming the same as what you said.

end 21:08 25 Apr 04

will admit defeat as opposed to a resolution, and close the thread...spam will not go away, so will deal with it as best possibl...thanks peoples

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…