isp probs after xp pro update

NEOSPHEAR 17:37 09 Aug 03

Ive just recently updated windows xp pro and since doing so i ahve encountered this problem where after about 10-20 mins my isp decides to stop responding, even trying to access email comes up with cannot find server this has happend before when i was on ntl but i have recently moved to isdn with NDO has anyone else experienced anything similar if so how can it be resolved

LAP 20:14 09 Aug 03

If I tell you the problem I have which occurrs about once a month. Perhaps what I do to resolve it may help you. I have been onto the BT help line 50p a minute scary I know, but they were as much help as a chocolate tea pot.

Every now and then when I try to access mail I get the error message; failed to connect server etc etc.

When the problem occurrs I go to Outlook Express, Tools, Accounts, All - and highlight the mail default account. Then click Properties, Servers... the incoming and out going mail in 'mine' should read the same.
i.e. mail.btopenworld.com. The top one is blank. So I copy and paste.

Also below where is says account name this is exactly what it should say. Mine has '\mail.btopenworld.com' in front of my account name. This I delete leaving account name and click apply.

I hope this helps..Lap..

LAP 10:28 10 Aug 03

Re 'The top one is blank' This should read 'localhost' in which case I delete this, then copy and paste.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…