ISP Migration

Red Tigger 13:53 23 Nov 04

I've been having real problems with my current ISP - OneTel. I've decided to migrate to Demon and have been told I need to obtain a MAC code.
OneTel tell me that this will take 10 working days to obtain through BT and I cannot speed up the process or approach BT directly.
Is this a standard time delay?
Can the codes be obtained any quicker?
Has anyone else hit any snags when migrating this way?

Djohn 14:24 23 Nov 04

There is no good reason that your present ISP cannot give you your MAC code immediately. Its only the ADSL line reference no. Get back onto them and insist you want to know it as soon as possible, emphasise that you wish to migrate and not cancel.

Don't cancel your account though because if you do then you will have to wait for your current ISP to disconnect you then your new ISP to set things up again.

Do use the migration route and as soon as you receive your MAC code pass it on to your new ISP and they will deal with the migration. Going this route you should only be without your broadband for 20 minutes or so why the changeover is made

holly polly 14:55 23 Nov 04

Gday Djohn ,yes fully authorise what you say ,me thinks it sounds like someone taking the proverbial ,incidently only yesterday my brother obtained his mac code ,ok heres on bt at the mo but I was on AOL as John will verify and they gave me my code straight away ,it is your right to change if you wish ,get back on that phone and give em hell ,though i do remember zen telling me they do not support migration to zen from bulldog ,could be the same scenario i dunno ,best luck anyway and John -Best regards -Hol Pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…