isp issues & work off-line.

westgolf 16:36 20 May 09

Hi everybody , please help , isp is tiscali, new front page (few days ago)includes video I dont want to receive , how do I stop this ? ... takes ages to load , also , laptop has just started going off - line , without warning ? have to get out of everything & start all web pages again to make any progress ? ... I have not changed any settings manually ? as ever - Many Thanx.

robin_x 16:55 20 May 09

I have AOL. But also setup Outlook email with IMAP/SMTP/POP3. Check your help pages or Google.

Use Internet Explorer or Firefox for browsing.
Right click on your broadband connection to connect.

Pineman100 17:03 20 May 09

The fact that Tiscali is your ISP doesn't mean that you must have their website as your home page.

Why not change your home page to something that is quick to load - like Google for example.

I assume you use Internet Explorer 7. If so, click Tools>Internet Options, then click the General tab. In the box headed Home Page, you'll probably see something like click here dot tiscali dot co dot uk/. Change it to click here dot google dot co dot uk/. Click Apply>OK and that will then become your home page.

Note - I've had to use the word "dot" - but you should of course just use the . symbol (no spaces).

Pineman100 17:05 20 May 09

Sorry - I still ended up with some "click here"s, which I was trying to avoid!!

You will probably see w w w dot tiscali dot co dot uk.

Change it to w w w dot google dot co dot uk.

I hope you understand that!

westgolf 08:01 22 May 09

Excellent ! Thanks everyone.

Pineman100 09:50 22 May 09

If your problem is solved, please post back a brief note of what worked for you, so that anyone else reading the thread will know.

Then tick the box and click Resolved.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…