ISP icon- takes ages to load connection page

pbrian 07:12 11 Jan 03
  pbrian 07:12 11 Jan 03

I recently had Win XP re-installed on my PC partially because it took an age between dbl/clicking on a desktop icon and the program opening, particularly with my ISP connection shortcut. That was a week ago. The same problem has re-occurred. "An age" = about 4 minutes or even longer, by the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated

ozzy 123 14:37 11 Jan 03

Hi i dont know much about pc's but in the past if my computer's been running slow its normally because my memmories used up due to installed programs,internet down loads or even audio or files that ive burnt to disc and not deleted after ive writen them to disc.
you may need to free up space by sacrificing some unused programs on your machine.and checking to see if theres any files no longer needed that can be deleted.
like i say im not an expert but thats what id check first.
Ho yes by the way in this months issue of the PC ADVISOR magazine there is some free soft ware that finds and cleans out old files on your pc thus creating more space. its called Ashampoo win opimizer 2000 ive only used it for 2 days and it seems to be working with ill affects to my system. and my pc seems to be running faster.
good look hope it works.
ozzy....

pbrian 19:57 11 Jan 03

Thanks for the reply. As I said, my pc has just had win XP re-installed, so my 40 GB hard disk is almost empty, so I do not think your suggestion apples to my qyestion.
Thanks anyway

pbrian 15:18 12 Jan 03

Many thanks for help- did a system restore- should have thought of that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…