isp email

higueron 16:34 19 Aug 10

Please settle an argument if you change your ISP can youstill retain your existing email address I am curently with Virgin therefore my email ends in .net if I changed to talk talk for instance I just cant see that I would be allowed to use virgin.net as my email

Jameslayer 16:38 19 Aug 10

It depends on the company. BT isp customers who changed to another isp have had their email left open. But they have just recieved a email stating that their email acounts will be closed.

But basically expect to lose the acount.

Woolwell 16:39 19 Aug 10

It depends on how quickly the ISP closes your e-mail account. Some will let it run for some time and then it can sometimes be reactivated. Not sure how long Virgin will let you keep it.
If you move then I would use both gradually alerting everyone to your new address. Alternatively use something like googlemail or a domain name which means that is you move ISP you always have the same address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…